The Friends of the Plumb Memorial Library
The Friends of the Joseph H. Plumb Memorial Library are members of the Rochester, Massachusetts community who are avid library supporters and advocates for excellent library service.
Friends work to raise funds to improve the library, help out by volunteering their time and talents, and spread the word about the library and its importance to each of us.
The funds they raise are used to provide the following programs:
- The Summer Reading Program for children, teens, and adults
- The Preschool, Toddler, and Baby Storytimes
- The Plumb Library Book Discussion Group
- All performers and special programs throughout the year
- Museum pass to the Roger Williams Park Zoo
The Friends hold several fund-raising activities during the year:
- Book sales throughout the year
- “Savers” clothing collections in Spring and Fall
- Tent Sales
- Basket drawings
How to Join:
If you would like to become a Friend of the Library, pick up a form at the circulation desk, or print out a membership form and send or return it to the library, along with your membership dues. If you need more information on joining the Friends of the Library, call us at 508-763-8600, or stop by the library during regular hours.
Leith Patnaude, Treasurer
Bev Passantino, Memberships
Janet Laine, Secretary
Volunteers are always needed for the Book Sale, Holiday Open House, and for other Friends activities. Please see the Library Director or an officer of the Friends if you are interested in helping out.
NOW ON SALE:
- Used books, DVDs, and CDs.
- The ever-popular Lindt Truffles!