Museum Passes Available at the Joseph H. Plumb Memorial Library
Please note: not all museums are open or are accepting the library passes. Those that will accept the library passes are marked in bold on the list below.
The following passes are available with your valid library card:
- Buttonwood Park Zoo: free admission for up to 4 people. Not valid on Saturdays and Mondays and holidays. Online reservations only. The library pass has the code you must use to get the discount. Both pass and ticket printout must be presented when you visit the zoo.
- Massachusetts State Parks Parking Pass: free one day parking at any MA State Park.
- Boston Museum of Fine Arts: allows 2 people discounted admission at $10.00 each.
- New Bedford Whaling Museum: 50% off regular admission for up to 4 admissions. Includes the Mariners Home.
- Roger Williams Park Zoo: pass allows any combination of up to four individuals
$3.00 each off the regular admission price; children ages 1 and under are free. Valid March – December. This pass purchased by the Friends of Plumb Library.
- Heritage Museum and Gardens, Sandwich, MA: half price admission for 2 adults and 4 children. April – October. Online reservations only. Call us or email.
- Robbins Museum of Archaeology – open only Saturdays. The pass from the library allows 6 people in for free.
- Museum of Science, Boston: Up to 4 people at 50% off. Children under 3 are free. Does not include Omni Theater or the Planetarium. The pass has the discount code that you must use when you reserve your time. Bring both this library pass and your email confirmation when you go to the Museum. Show them at the gate to enter; you need not stop at the Box Office. This pass purchased by the Friends of the Library and the Plumb Library Gift Account.
Museum Pass Rules
Reserve the pass by phone or in person. Passes may be check out with a valid (unblocked) library card. Children’s cards may not be used to reserve or check out passes. If you have lost your library card, or if it has expired, please reserve your pass in person.
The pass MUST be returned to the Plumb Library by 10 a.m. the day following your visit. The envelope may be left in the book drop if the Library is closed. There is a charge of $1.00 per day if the pass is not returned on time. If the pass is lost, there is a charge of $15.00.
Please be considerate of others. Return your pass on time!
Looking for a pass to a different museum? Find out which passes are available through other SAILS libraries.