The Friends of the Plumb Memorial Library
The Friends of the Joseph H. Plumb Memorial Library are members of the Rochester, Massachusetts community who are avid library supporters and advocates for excellent library service.
Friends work to raise funds to improve the library, help out by volunteering their time and talents, and spread the word about the library and its importance to each of us.
The funds they raise are used to provide the following programs:
- The Summer Reading Program for children, teens, and adults
- The Preschool, Toddler, and Baby Storytimes
- The Cafe Parlez Book and Nonfiction Book Discussion Groups
- The laminating machine
- All performers and special programs throughout the year
The Friends hold several fund-raising activities during the year:
- The Annual book sale, taking place on the Saturday after Labor Day. Books are also sold all year round on the Friends Shelves at the library.
- The Holiday Open House, which takes place on the first Saturday in December.
How to Join:
If you would like to become a Friend of the Library, print out and complete a Friends Membership Form and send or return it to the library, along with your membership dues. If you need more information on joining the Friends of the Library, call us at 508-763-8600, or stop by the library during regular hours.
Friends members get to have their library fines excused four times in the membership year and receive a discount on laminating.
Linda J. Medeiros, Chair
Sheryl Aguiar, Vice President
Leith Patnaude, Treasurer
Dale Debacher, Secretary
Volunteers are always needed for the Book Sale, Holiday Open House, and for other Friends activities. Please see the Library Director or an officer of the Friends if you are interested in helping out.
NOW ON SALE:
- Used books, DVDs, and CDs.
- The ever-popular Lindt Truffles!
When you shop at AmazonSmile, Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price to The Friends Of The Joseph H Plumb Memorial Library Inc. Bookmark the link: Friends AmazonSmile and support us every time you shop.